Community Garden - to promote healthier eating lifestyles. Here are some ways community gardening helps create sustainable solutions to address hunger:
- Food-Secure Communities: increases food security and self-reliance.
- Healthy People: increases vegetable intake and physical activity; freshly harvested produce maximizes nutritional content of food
- Healthy Budgets: saves money on food bills over time
- Manage Resources: turns trash into treasure through re-purposing and composting otherwise wasted resources.
- Build Community: fosters community identity and spirit
- Create Local Culture: reconnects people with nature and each other.
- Healthy Land: makes beneficial use of vacant or unproductive spaces